112-Pound Weight Loss Going Vegan

Nothing fuels motivation like a breakup. Well, that and finding a new girlfriend.

Collin Fissell, a former football player at Texas State University, was heartbroken when his girlfriend broke up with him a day before their sixth anniversary. He was also 322 pounds, the heaviest he had ever been. It was time for a life change. And this new life would be plant-based. 

Fissell, an Austin, Tx. Native, tried to tweak his diet but it wasn’t really until he started dating his new girlfriend, Haley Rosenberg, that his weight loss accelerated. Haley, already a vegetarian, suggested they go vegan.

“I remember stepping on the scales and at that time I weighed [322 pounds],” he told the Daily Star. “I just realized it was time to take a hard look at myself. I would have never thought my life would have changed so much. I am the happiest I’ve ever been in my life. People are astonished by my weight loss.”

Related: Should You Use A Plant-Based Protein?

Fissell dropped more than 110 pounds and is down to 210 and wearing a size Large. Most of that has to do with his diet, which had held him back after his college football career ended. He was ordering takeout – pizza and fried chicken -- regularly and downing four bacon tacos for breakfast.

But one night with Haley, the couple watched ‘What the Health?’ on Netflix, and like scores of people all over, they turned to each other and committed to giving veganism a try.

“Since that day we’ve both been 100 percent vegan and I weighed myself this morning and I’m [210 pounds],” he said, a total weight loss of 112 pounds. “After becoming vegan I lost the final few pounds.

Fissell said he can’t see himself returning to his meat eating days. It appears he’s found a relationship that’s actually good for his health.

“Ever since we met a four months ago,” Fissell said of Haley, “we’ve been basically inseparable.”

Related: 15 Plant-Based Meat Alternatives That Actually Taste Good



Via : https://boutder.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Often Should You Work Out Your Abs?

Fitness Blender Reviews Raves - Feedback from our Viewers

Adaptogens